In March 2018, the East African Budget Network (EABN) was established by Civil Society Organizations in Arusha, Tanzania. This was a response to a gap in regional platforms that were not giving focus to the fiscal policy related issues in the integration agenda. After several consultative engagements in Kigali, Nairobi and Arusha, a Charter of Principles on how the platform would work was signed by the founding members in Arusha on 28th March 2019 as a guide to the operational framework of the EABN.
The Vision of the EABN is to be a leading voice of non-state actors in fostering fiscal policy and budget accountability within the East African Community. The Mission is to advocate and influence for people-centered fiscal policies and budget accountability in EAC. The EABN has the following Objectives
- To learn, share and collaborate with other like-minded CSOs in the region to foster cooperation in cross border fiscal policy advocacy.
- To complement the efforts of regional governments in the EAC integration and development process.
- To advocate for budget transparency and social accountability for fiscal policy reforms in the EAC.
- To enhance the capacity of CSOs and citizens in budget transparency and social accountability in EAC.
With support of various development Partners, the EABN intends to recruit the service of a Coordinator.
|REPORTING TO||• Executive Director – CSBAG/Fiscal Host of the Secretariat|
|SUPERVISION||• Will Supervise a Program Assistant at the Secretariat or any number of Assistants that may be brought on board|
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES||• Develop high-quality business strategies and plans for EABN|
• Initiate and oversee development of all operations and interventions for the Platform
• Develop cordial working relationships with all the platform members within the region.
• Advise on new areas of engagement for the platform
• Initiate and develop relationships with the EAC Secretariat, EALA for policy influencing.
• Identify policy influencing opportunities within the EAC region or outside where the Platform can engage.
• Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for board of directors.
• Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
• Perform any other functions that may be assigned to him or her by the leadership of the
|TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES||The Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to EABN’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Specific requirements include: |
• Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
• Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
• Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Strong analytical lens on political economy, regional development and global trends
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
• Ability to originate ideas
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Ability to travel within the region whenever required.
|REMUNERATION||• This is a national level contract but with attractive and competitive remunerations|
|DURATION||• The Assignment is for a period of one year and renewable subject to availability of funds or work|
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later that 15th December 20120