Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG) is a coalition formed in 2004 to bring together Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) at national and district levels to influence Government decisions on resource mobilization and utilization for equitable, gender responsive and sustainable development. Since 2004, CSOs under the umbrella of CSBAG have engaged Government in influencing the budget process to ensure that both the local and national budgets address the needs and aspirations of the poor and marginalized groups of people in Uganda.
CSBAG has an existing website which can be accessed via www.csbag.org . It is a content management system built on word press that is accessible on internet, compatible with the current versions of the browsers; Firefox, Safari, and Chrome, as well as Internet Explorer version 6 onwards, however the current website is not mobile/tablet compatible, the content is not well formatted, the font and spacing are not customized, It takes long to load and there is need to improve on navigation to make the website clutter free. CSBAG is seeking for a web developer to modify the existing website to a responsive website on all devices with improved readability, customized and optimized appropriate images, improve on the speed of the loading of the website for proper navigation to ensure the best experience to users. The web developer will further add new pages and functions as per CSBAG requirements.
CSBAG is inviting proposals from reputable and qualified companies with a track record of success in designing and producing digital solutions to modify CSBAG current website according to the specific TOR. The modification will provide a new look-and-feel to the web while displaying the content in a more organized, attractive and user-friendly manner.
- Key parameters of the website
The current CSBAG website shall be modified and the following considered: The website should have the following
- Mobile/tablet compatibility to allow all users to access the website on all devices
- Well formatted content by customizing the font and image sizes and using the best web safe font
- Improve the website loading speed to 4-6 seconds for good usability
- Browser compatible to ensure the website appears and behaves consistently across all major browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari among others
- Effective navigation like internal linking of pages
- The specific Terms of Reference
The specific terms of reference for this assignment are:
- Update the existing CSBAG web pages design to make them attractive, easy to use and navigate while taking into account the requirements and standards of website development as mentioned in 2.1
- Redesign the CSBAG How we work page to design all the sector pages for example Education, Health, Agriculture, Natural resources/oil and gas , Domestic Revenue Mobilization among others by capturing all the work CSBAG does in relation to these sectors to make it more attractive by aligning the content available and maintaining the font.
- Include the link to the developed sector pages to all the pages on the website
- Include logos of CSBAG development partners in the footer of the home page and the entire website
- Redesign the membership page as per the Thematic areas
- Redesign the CSBAG news page to capture the source of the media news
- Redesign the weekly newsletter page to display online information without downloading
- Modify the web information by year of modification
- Modify the Change story page by redesigning it and including the link on every page of CSBAG
- Redesign the upcoming events calendar to display more than two upcoming events
- Customize the search button on the website to provide users with search results that lead to relevant information
- Add new website functions as per emerging requirements that can be managed via website like donation, online newsletter functionality among others
- Create three new web pages/functions-Volunteer, Donation and East African Budget network pages
- Develop and include an analytics code to show visitors and downloads per document
- Develop an automated online mailing subscription that includes personalized information
- Redesign the membership application page to accept online application
- Include a guest book together with rating that is interactive on the website to allow CSBAG to collect feedback from the users of the website
- Mobile compatibility: The developer shall be requested to convert the site to make it compatible with mobile phone and tablet usability by including viewport meta tag to control how the website shows up on mobile
- Modify the website to mobile/tablet responsive
- The existing sections and sub-sections of the site should be left as is without losing any data on the website.
- Develop a user manual for the support staff and system administrators to perform content upload, system maintenance and administration.
- Source code handover: Full source code including all developed libraries shall be handed over to CSBAG
- Support and Administration
The successful company/ individual developer shall provide Support, maintenance and quality control for a period of one year;
6.0 Required Skills and Experience
The developer should demonstrate and provide examples of previous experience in the performance of similar services as follows;
- Be a reputable firm with at least 5 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and navigation friendly web sites;
- Familiarity and relevant experience in using different Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly WordPress;
- Have a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java;
- Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, web sites, including online video publishing, and social media networking;
- Demonstrate the ability to create innovative and visually appealing design;
- Timeline and Expected outputs
The assignment will be delivered in a period of 15 days from the agreed-on start date but not later than 22nd December, 2019.
- Submission of proposals for the tasks
CSBAG is inviting Proposals as specified in this Terms of Reference. Interested individual web developers/companies are requested to submit Technical and financial proposals:
- Only financial proposals quoted in UGX are permitted
- The technical proposal should contain:
- A proposal describing the previous work done in this area
- A portfolio of previous work of websites with similar functionalities developed in Word Press;
- CVs of the lead developer, junior developer, graphical integrator, graphic designer and junior migration expert in charge of this project to be included in the proposal
- Work plan and Time scheduling of delivering on the assignment
- Application Process
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, updated CVs, technical and financial proposals and references for similar work conducted previously,The Email title should be Website Modification addressed to the Executive Director: Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG), email: email@example.com P.O. Box 660, Ntinda Kampala, Uganda, Plot 11 Vubyabirenge Close Ntinda-stretcher road by 5:00pm 16th December, 2019.