- Commitment to the vision and mission of CSBAG
- Effective time management
- Self-drive and initiative
- Proactive and result-oriented
- Ability to multitask with minimum supervision
- Ability to conduct economic analysis
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyze both national and local government economic policies to inform CSBAG research, advocacy strategies.
2. Actively engage in national and local level economic policy dialogues and using CSBAG experiences/research to inform economic policy discussions.
3. Provide strategic input into the development of CSBAGs budget advocacy agenda.
4. Contribute to CSBAGs efforts to strengthen networks by establishing and maintaining relationships with CSBAG members and partners, Governments, development partners for a collective voice on people centred budgeting
5. Collect and analyse macro-economic information and, make high-quality policy proposals, most notably in relation to pro-poor economic growth.
6. Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, to generate evidence-based budget proposals that are pro-poor, thus enhancing the economic policy impact of CSBAG.
7. Be actively involved in the preparation of relevant knowledge products through written and electronic media to support CSBAG Advocacy
8. Represent CSBAG in relevant economic policy development and accountability forums
9. Build the capacity of CSBAG members and partners through and providing technical support in budget analysis
10. Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of CSBAG.
11. To participate in fundraising for the organisation, identify and develop partnerships and alliances relevant to programs and organization in general
12. Timely reporting to development partners as per project contracts
13. Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor or Executive Director
SCOPE OF IMPACT
The BPSs role is of high impact as s/he leads in strategic management and leadership of CSBAG budget work. s/he works with other staff, the Program Manager and the Executive Directors in shaping implementation of the organization programs. THE BPS participates in proposal writing and ensure that project under her supervision are implement effectively
|REPORTING TO||Program Manager|
|RESPONSIBLE FOR||Program Assistant|
|PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION||The BPS primary job purpose is to support CSBAG to deliver on its Vison, Mission and strategic plan. The BPS is the lead budget analysts for the organization|
|QUALIFICATIONS||Minimum, University Degree in Economics|