CSBAG is a coalition formed in 2004 to bring together CSOs at national and district levels to influence government decisions on resource mobilization and utilization for equitable and sustainable development. CSBAG annually runs a program for economics graduate trainees for every six months with a purpose to provide them with hands on training and skills in economic analysis needed to give them higher chances of being employed in better institutions. Therefore, CSBAG seeks to recruit two Economics Graduate Trainees to work with the secretariat for 6 months. He/she will provide support to the organization’s research and policy analysis agenda.
2. Core Competence
The Economics Graduate Trainee that CSBAG recruits will be responsible to provide support to the organization in taking under-depth research in Economics and to analyze and evaluate the outcomes of the research in relation to CSBAG work. Specifically, the following competences are desirable;
- Economic Research
- Ability to use analytical packages like SPSS, E-views and STATA
- Report writing
3. Required Qualification
- Master’s Degree in Economics or MA Economic Policy and Planning or Economic Policy Management (completed or awaiting graduation)
- Post graduate training in Public Policy is an added advantage Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
4. Key Tasks
The Graduate Trainee will carry out the following tasks:
- Undertake relevant research, data collection and analysis
- Analyse National Budget Documents and economic policies to inform CSBAG research and advocacy strategies.
- Writing reports.
- Take part in national and local level economic policy dialogues and using CSBAG experiences/research to inform economic policy discussions.
- Collect and analyse macro-economic information and, make high-quality policy proposals, most notably in relation to pro-poor economic growth.
- Write articles on topical economic related issues to be published and shared with CSBAG stakeholders.
5. How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, updated CVs, academic references to the Executive Director: Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG), email: email@example.com P.O. Box 660, Ntinda Kampala, Uganda, Plot 11 Vubya Close Ntinda-stretcher road by 5:00 pm on Friday, 29th January 2021.